Paul Purcell "Kids Win!" Annual Baird Education Grant
Baird announced at its Annual Meeting of All Associates on Thursday that nine nonprofits located in Chicago, Denver, Louisville, Milwaukee and Seattle were the recipients of the 2022 Paul Purcell “Kids Win!” Annual Baird Education Grants totaling more than $800,000. Funded by Baird, Baird Foundation and Baird associates, the international, employee-owned financial services firm established the Paul Purcell “Kids Win!” Annual Baird Education Grants to honor former Chairman & CEO Paul Purcell, who had a passion for ensuring all had access to a quality education and who passed away in February 2020.
“We are honored to celebrate Paul Purcell’s enduring legacy by awarding meaningful grants to nine nonprofit organizations focused on what Paul cared about most -- ensuring everyone, regardless of where they live or their circumstances, has access to a quality education,” said Steve Booth, Baird Chairman & CEO. “We are proud to support the tremendous impact these organizations have on kids’ education, and which also benefit from our associates’ volunteer involvement.”
2022 Paul Purcell “Kids Win!” Annual Baird Education Grant Recipients:
- The Academy for Urban School Leadership: The Chicago-based Academy for Urban School Leadership will use its grant to support specialized training for aspiring teachers of K-3rd grade students with identified disabilities.
- ACE Scholarships: Denver-based ACE Scholarships will use its grant to provide educational scholarships for 40 economically disadvantaged K-12 students in Colorado, providing life changing access to quality education.
- All-In Milwaukee: All-In Milwaukee will use its grant to expand career programming and provide a dedicated Scholar Advisor for an additional 125 diverse and limited-income college scholars.
- BUILD: Chicago-based BUILD will use its grant to expand its “BUILDing Futures” program, supporting an additional 20-25 diverse high school students as they pursue non-traditional post-secondary education.
- City Forward Collective: Milwaukee-based City Forward Collective will use its grant to fund its Opportunity Accelerator Learning Cohort, ensuring equitable access to quality education at 10 Milwaukee schools.
- Invest in Youth: Seattle-based Invest in Youth will use its grant to provide targeted intervention, tutoring and mentorship for 3rd-5th grade students who are at-risk of falling behind or dropping out of school.
- Journey House: Milwaukee-based Journey House, Inc. will use its grant to support project-based learning for 150 youth in a year-round THRIVE STEAM Forward Training Program.
- Junior Achievement of Kentuckiana: Louisville-based Junior Achievement of Kentuckiana will use its grant to implement the innovative 3DE high school reinvention model in four local schools to help accelerate engagement and academic outcomes.
- Junior Achievement of Wisconsin: Milwaukee-based Junior Achievement of Wisconsin will use its grant to provide over 2,000 historically underserved 5th - 12th graders an opportunity to participate in the JA Capstone Career Exploration Project.
To learn more about these organizations and how the grants will support children’s education, please visit: https://www.rwbaird.com/kidswin/
For more information about the Paul Purcell “Kids Win!” Annual Baird Education Grant and criteria, please visit https://www.rwbaird.com/kidswin/about-the-grant/